About Green Ivy Schools Founder
Dr. Jennifer Jones
Dr. Jennifer Jones is the founder and visionary behind New York City's Green Ivy Schools network and a lifelong entrepreneur and advocate for evolved learning experiences for children from birth to high school and beyond.
She has developed 24 schools and draws from a rich background as school developer, international policy consultant, and teacher. She has advised boards and governments at regional, state, national and international levels, served as a university professor and authored a successful book on child development.
Her career is defined by pioneering efforts to break through economic and social barriers to ensure that young people from every walk of life achieve maximum potential through engaged, relevant and cutting edge approaches to education.
Her specializations include educational technology, transglobal education, bilingual education, literacy, and economic development.
Dr. Jones is the creator of Parenting for the Future, a new and engaging series of speakers, panels and hands-on workshops which invite parents of digital natives to explore and learn more about how technology will shape the lives of and future opportunities for their children.
Past Parenting for the Future Events
Dr. Jones has had numerous public appearances and speaking engagements over the years, including:
- The Young Presidents Organization (YPO.org), presenting a standing room only workshop to parents from around the world on the power of intelligent parenting. A second workshop was added to the schedule due to the demand from the first.
- Television news in Tampa, FL regarding the opening of an innovative new charter school in the region.
- Television news in Miami, FL regarding the opening of an innovative new charter school in the region.
- Television news in Santiago, Chile during a "travel school" experience during which Dr. Jones hosted 30 American students from 3rd-8th grade.
- Guest expert appearance on ABC's Primetime What Would You Do? with John Quiñones. Accompanied Quiñones and provided commentary on child psychology and child/parent behavior.
- Keynote for USAID in Jamaica to 200 educators from across the island.
- Part of a panel at Columbia University addressing the direction of education for the U.S. and China. Audience of 100 educators across U.S./China.
- Parenting for the Future lecture to New York City parents.
IN THE PRESS
September 25-29, 2019 - Blockchain in Education: A 4-part series by Sam Mire, Disruptor Daily
- The Future of Blockchain in Education
- The State of Blockchain in Education
- The Challenges to Blockchain Adoption in Education
- The Benefits of Blockchain in Education
September 25-29, 2019 - AI in Education: A 5-part series by Sam Mire, Disruptor Daily
- The State of AI in Education
- Trends Shaping AI in Education
- What Challenges Face AI Adoption in Education?
- What Benefits Will AI Bring to Education?
- What's the Future of AI in Education?
September 23, 2019 - 8 Little Known Benefits of Preschool
by Ashley Brooks, Rasmussen College
August 15, 2019 - The Benefits of Bilingual Education According to 8 Experts
The Editors, UpJourney
July 30, 2019 - 4 Ways Personalized Learning Could Change Teaching
contributed by Jennifer Jones, PhD TeachThought.com
May 28, 2019 - Why Is Education Important in Our Life?
by The Editors, UpJourney
May 28, 2019 - Making Learning Spaces That Inspire and Engage
by Kelly Walsh EmergingEdTech
Parenting for the Future Blog
Check out Green Ivy School's Founder, Dr. Jennifer Jones's blog on Parenting for the Future! It is full of information and resources for parents raising children in the digital age.