About Green Ivy Schools Founder
Dr. Jennifer Jones
Dr. Jennifer Jones is the founder and visionary behind New York City's Green Ivy Schools network and a lifelong entrepreneur and advocate for evolved learning experiences for children from birth to high school and beyond.
She has developed 24 schools and draws from a rich background as school developer, international policy consultant, and teacher. She has advised boards and governments at regional, state, national and international levels, served as a university professor and authored a successful book on child development.
Her career is defined by pioneering efforts to break through economic and social barriers to ensure that young people from every walk of life achieve maximum potential through engaged, relevant and cutting edge approaches to education.
Her specializations include educational technology, transglobal education, bilingual education, literacy, and economic development.
Dr. Jones is the creator of Parenting for the Future, a new and engaging series of speakers, panels and hands-on workshops which invite parents of digital natives to explore and learn more about how technology will shape the lives of and future opportunities for their children.
Dr. Jones has had numerous public appearances and speaking engagements over the years, including:
- The Young Presidents Organization (YPO.org), presenting a standing room only workshop to parents from around the world on the power of intelligent parenting. A second workshop was added to the schedule due to the demand from the first.
- Television news in Tampa, FL regarding the opening of an innovative new charter school in the region.
- Television news in Miami, FL regarding the opening of an innovative new charter school in the region.
- Television news in Santiago, Chile during a "travel school" experience during which Dr. Jones hosted 30 American students from 3rd-8th grade.
- Guest expert appearance on ABC's Primetime What Would You Do? with John Quiñones. Accompanied Quiñones and provided commentary on child psychology and child/parent behavior.
- Keynote for USAID in Jamaica to 200 educators from across the island.
- Part of a panel at Columbia University addressing the direction of education for the U.S. and China. Audience of 100 educators across U.S./China.
- Parenting for the Future lecture to New York City parents.
Parenting for the Future Blog
Check out Green Ivy School's Founder, Dr. Jennifer Jones's blog on Parenting for the Future! It is full of information and resources for parents raising children in the digital age.
Past Parenting for the Future Events